The old lady that swallowed a fly


She swallowed a dog to catch the cat, to catch the bird, to catch the spider, the catch the fly….

This is how I’ve been describing playing with Reva2 and I’m absolutely loving it!  Why do I describe it like this? It’s because a huge amount of your actions are small but cause a cascade of other actions to happen.  Take for example a game I played yesterday over here. At one point I charged Reva with an enslaved spirit, Reva relented, the enslaved spirit did 2 dmg to Reva, but rather than take the dmg she killed the enslaved spirit, that when it died dropped a scheme marker within 3, and then all the models with final veil within 6” healed 1, then because Reva had killed a model she dropped a pyre marker and then any model that was within 2” of the pyre marker got pushed 2” and any of my models that went in the fire healed 1, and the Shieldbearers gained shielded, and any of his models than gained burning then took 1 dmg, and I don’t know why she swallowed a fly: perhaps she’ll die.

Having everything setup and within each others auras and ranges is of course the rub but there’s loads of little examples like this. Take for example another turn 1 play which resulted in Nekima2 being kidnapped from within her lines by casting fan the flames on a pyre marker underneath Nekima. So it was an irresistible tactical action, that I killed a ghost light to get the stone back after stoning for the crow, that got me a pos flip from ghost eater, that aoe healed a bunch of my guys, that gave Nekima burning, that pinged her for 1 dmg. I don’t know why she swallowed a bird, how absurd to swallow a bird. 

You can probably tell I’m enjoying myself. 

Whilst I know full well I will need other options against crews with lots of laugh off (hello Guard) or Planted roots, or incorporeal or are just flat out immune hazardous, the cascading nature of triggered effects is a gameplay that I am very much enjoying.


Comments

Popular Posts