10 In A Row Challenge

 


So look.  We love a challenge here in my little community of nerds (Muppet forth and lose as they're known).

So I challenged my good friend, the Badfish, to pick a keyword he doesn't normally play, in a faction he doesn't normally play, possibly in a playstyle he doesn't normally play, and to smash out ten games with it.

In return another good friend, the Memeperor himself and impossibly named Tarquin Sweetbiscuits, decided he wanted to join in.

And then predictably, they challenged me and who am I to back down from such a thing and then predictably it became an opportunity for content generation.

BF is much like me and changes keywords and Masters very frequently but does get a lot of games in so I am looking forward to seeing what he does with his chosen Tri-Chi, a keyword I know fairly well and can offer some utter nonsense and bullshit advice with.

TS is the complete opposite and has mained Ulix pretty much solidly for the last nine years or so across multiple editions. So whilst the grow mechanics and the like should be familiar, it is of course a very different kettle of demonic babies than what he is used to.

I have elected for Red Library/Story for a few of reasons. 

1) I don't play Thunders.  For all of my flip-flopping about I generally avoid Thunders.  I'm not Thunder adverse per se, it's just not a faction I've ever been drawn too.  I'm not opposed to the aesthetic,  but I'm not a big martial arts/anime guy not that I don't enjoy them, I just don't seek them out.

2) I wanted to play something that doesn't involve a lot of versatiles or OOKs, being the keyword fan I am

3) I wanted to paint something slowly.  I have a tendency to rush and paint as fast as possible.  There won't be a need to do that for this as this will be the longest time between tournaments for me. 

4) I wanted a very different playstyle from my usual brawly, ping dmg, smash mouth play style and instead opted for a more mobility based/schemey playstyle. 

Also it was an excuse to buy the Wanyudo box for my beloved Reva.

So expect mistakes and our fumbled experience accros this blog over the coming weeks as the three of us get to grips with entirely new factions, keywords and models!

Feel free to join in as well if you'd like!



Beard.


Comments

Popular Posts